Kent Golf Union selects a team which competes in the Southern Section of the South Eastern Counties League Championship which comprises: Kent, Surrey, Sussex, Dorset and Hampshire. The Winner of this league plays the Winner of the Northern Section (Bedfordshire, Berks, Bucks & Oxon, Essex, Hertfordshire and Middlesex) with the Champion County receiving the Daily Telegraph Salver.
KGU also selects Colts and Senior teams to compete in identical leagues to the one described above. The Union enters teams in the South Eastern Counties Junior Championship and the South Eastern Counties Junior Foursomes. The Union also arranges friendly matches with other Counties and Golf Associations.
During the course of the season runs the following Championships: -
- The Kent Amateur Championship
- The Kent Junior Championship - aged under 18 on 1st January of year played
- The Kent Youths Championship - aged under 25*
- The Kent Seniors' Championship - aged 55 or over*
- The ‘Oscar Ash' (Mid Handicap) Championship - 3 to 12 handicap
- The Kent Mid Age Championship - aged 35 or over*
- The Kent Veterans Club Championship - aged 60 or over*
- The Kent Amateur Foursomes Inter-Club Championship
- The Kent Junior Foursomes Inter-Club Championship - aged under 18 on 1st January of year played
- The Top Club Handicap Knockout Championship - 6 to 28 handicap
- The Individual County Members Handicap Championship
- The Kent Futures Championships - aged under 10 & under 13 on 1st January of year played
- The Hinge Trophy (formerly the Winter Trials)
- EGU Gold Medal Qualifying
*Age as at first day of event
The Union enters teams for the English Counties Championships at County, Junior and Senior level.
The Union runs a number of "Golf Days" for the sole enjoyment of Individual County Members whose support helps the Union to carry out its necessary activities.
The Union organises coaching events for members of its teams and for aspiring Junior golfers.
The Union organises an Annual Dinner to acknowledge successful County Teams, Club Teams and individual golfers.