Online Entry for Kent Top Club Handicap Knockout (Men) 2023 - Sign up
Wednesday 1st March 2023
1. Eligible Clubs: All Clubs affiliated to KENT GOLF LIMITED which are up to date with affiliation fee payments.
2. Eligible Players/Caddies: Subject to the rules regarding handicaps set out below, any male member of the Eligible Club may be selected by his Club. Players may be changed from round to round, but no Player may play for more than one Club in a Calendar Year. Caddies, other than professional golfers, are permitted.
3. The Teams and handicap criteria: Each club shall field a side of four male players. On the day of the match all four players must have WHS Handicap Index between 5.5 and 28.4 (each inclusive).
4. Draw Arrangements: When the draw is issued, it will specify a ‘draw date’. Within two weeks of the draw date and, thereafter, within one week of the ‘play by’ date or end date of the previous round, the Home team should make contact and offer at least three dates, spread over not less than two weeks. Should the Home team not contact the Away team within the period specified and offer dates, it will concede home advantage and the Away team may then contact the Home team, choose the venue, but must at the time of contact offer three dates, spread over not less than two weeks. All matches are to be played by the date specified in the Draw Sheet. Total inability to do so is to be discussed with the Golf Manager.
5. The Match: The Kent Golf General Competition Conditions shall apply. On the same day, at the same time if possible, a team of two players from each club will play four-ball better ball match play over 18 holes at the “Home” Club, and a team comprising the other two players from each club will play four-ball better ball over 18 holes at the “Away” Club. Each game will be played off handicap (strokes received being calculated in accordance with the Rules of Handicapping published by the R&A) over the full 18 holes, to determine a result based on the total number of holes up after the 18th hole. The handicap allowance will be the difference between 90% (nine tenths) of Course Handicaps from the lowest player at each venue. If both players in a team have to withdraw part way through a match the remaining holes will be awarded to the opponents. At no time during play should players be phoning or texting their other match or receiving information as to the state of the other match from any source.
6. The winning Club will be the side which, at the end of the rounds, is the most holes up taking the aggregate of the two matches (i.e. counting the scores from both the “Home” Club and the “Away” Club together). If at the end of the rounds the aggregate score is ‘all square’, the teams playing at the “Home” Club will play sudden death to determine the result. Once play has begun, if the match then has to be abandoned due to course closure, and no further play can take place on the day, the result should be determined by the state of the matches when play was suspended, providing a minimum of 9 holes has been completed by all matches. The Winning Club is to inform the County Office by email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01797 367725 as soon as possible after the match.
7. Handicaps: Players should provide Handicap Certificates signed by the Club Secretary or their WHS Handicap Index through an app on their mobile phone, which must be shown to the opposing Club's Representative before the commencement of play.
8 The Final: Will be played by sides of four players at a venue proscribed by Kent Golf and will also be the venue for the Final of the Individual County Members Handicap Championship. The Final will be followed by sandwiches and a presentation. The County will provide a Rules Official at the Final. In this case, should the aggregate of the matches be “all square” after play, the four-ball teeing off second shall play sudden death.
9. Team Contact: Appointed by each Club, to act as contact throughout the season.
This competition requires that fees be paid to complete entry. If the payment process is not completed, your entry may be removed.
I accept the rules and conditions of entry above
If you have a valid CDH ID, please use it to enter this competition.
English & Welsh Lifetime IDs may be used.
If you have a CDH number, please enter it here.
CDH ID: (optional)
Your CDH ID is too long
CDH ID has not been found
Independent Golfers are not eligible to play in this event.
This CDH ID is of a member. You must login first.
There has been a problem retrieving this player
Antigua And Barbuda
Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba
Bosnia and Herzegovina
British Indian Ocean Territory
Central African Republic
Cocos (Keeling) Islands
Congo, the Democratic Republic of the
Falkland Islands (Malvinas)
French Southern Territories
Heard Island and McDonald Islands
Holy See (Vatican City State)
Iran, Islamic Republic of
Isle of Man
Korea, Democratic People's Republic of
Korea, Republic of
Lao People's Democratic Republic
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic Of
Micronesia, Federated States of
Moldova, Republic of
Northern Mariana Islands
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
Papua New Guinea
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Saint Martin (French Part)
Saint Pierre and Miquelon
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
Sao Tome and Principe
Sint Maarten (Dutch Part)
South Georgia and the South Sandwich Islands
Svalbard and Jan Mayen
Syrian Arab Republic
Taiwan, Province of China
Tanzania, United Republic of
Trinidad and Tobago
Turks and Caicos Islands
United Arab Emirates
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Virgin Islands, British
Virgin Islands, U.S.
Wallis and Futuna