Clubs & Communications Committee
The objective of the Clubs Committee is to work in conjunction with the Communications Committee to establish a strong understanding by Kent golfers and Kent clubs as to why Kent Golf exists.
THE CHAIR OF CLUBS HAS THE FOLLOWING RESPONSIBILITIES
- To Chair meetings of the Clubs Committee, agreeing and setting SMART goals at the start of the year and monitoring performance against these goals in order to report progress to the Board.
- To attend Kent Golf Board meetings, reporting as appropriate.
- To sit on the Communications Committee, working with them to grow and maintain a positive image of Kent Golf amongst new and existing golfers in Kent.
- To lead Kent Golf’s efforts in establishing strong and positive connections with affiliated Club Managers/Secretaries within the County, supporting the County Secretary and other key staff members in their duties wherever possible.
- To assist the County Secretary wherever possible in dealing with enquiries made through the County Office regarding Course Rating, WHS, County Card scheme and the Independent Golfer.
OBJECTIVES OF THE COMMUNICATIONS COMMITTEE
- To manage and grow Kent Golf’s public image as an expert governing body for the game in Kent.
- Champion the message of ‘Why we exist’ by managing an attractive website design linked with engaging and creative social media content.
- Promote an inclusive positive public image to golfers and prospective golfers in Kent.
- Publish the Kent Golf newsletters every month and regularly post on social media.
- Implement ideas to grow the number of subscribers on all social media platforms.
- Ensure all messages are ‘on brand’ and presentation is of a consistently high quality.
CLUBS & COMMUNICATIONS COMMITTEE TEAM
David Mabbot (Chair – Eltham Warren)
Jude Mackenzie (Chair – Sundridge Park)
Sue Barnes (Mid Kent)
Sarah McDonald (County Secretary – Wildernesse)
Anne Wheble (Golf Manager – Dartford)
Helen Johnson (Shortlands)
Lucie Moxham (Media Manager – Littlestone)
Andrew Seale (Mid Kent)