This committee advises the Board about budgetary and financial matters and has a formal role. In particular, it
- Creates, approves and updates (as necessary) policies to help ensure the assets of the organisation are protected
- Ensures policies and procedures for financial transactions are documented and that these are reviewed annually and updated as necessary.
- Ensures approved financial policies and procedures are being followed
- Sets the limits for approving payments from any Kent Golf Limited bank account and the limits on authority to commit Kent Golf funds
- Develops the annual budget
- Make recommendations about
- the extent of sponsorship and the organisation
- investments and cash return
- the affiliation fee for the next following year (no later than the September board meeting)
- Monitors adherence to the budget
- Develops multi-year operating budgets that integrate strategic plan objectives and initiatives
FINANCE COMMITTEE TEAM
Lee Dyson (Chair)
Chris Reynolds (Littlestone)
Mark Singfield (Littlestone)
Pauline Burrow (Wildernesse)
Steve Armstrong (Mid Kent)
Dave Mabbott (Eltham Warren)
There are currently 3 sub-committees of the Finance Committee. Two of these are responsible for approving grant applications from clubs, these are the Club Development Grant sub committee and the Junior Development Support Grant sub committee.
The last committee is the Sponsorship Committee which seeks to raise funds from sponsors to subsidise Kent Golf activities.