- Kent Teams
- About Kent
- County Card
- Junior Golf
Applications for England Golf Regional Squads 2022/2023 are now open. Visit the England Golf website for more information.
This is an opportunity for players within our U18, U16 and U14 Boys and Junior Girls Squads who want to test themselves at a higher level. Visit the England Golf Talent Pathway page for more information.
The criteria for a place on an U18 Regional Squad are as follows:
Players that apply for the Regional Coaching Programme who are 16 years of age at midnight on 1st September of the year of their application (having just sat their GCSE examinations and Year 11 school academic year) will automatically be considered for the Diploma in Sporting Excellence (DISE) qualification, provided they met the following additional criteria:
England Golf Regional Squad application process:
1. Complete the initial online application form which will become available on this page once applications open in July and close in August.
2. Once applications have closed in August you will be allocated a region based on the county you represent. Download a breakdown of our ten England Golf Coaching Regions by County Union and/or Association in the document below. Applications will then be assessed by the relevant regional coach and manager.
3. You will then receive an email to confirm your application has either been successful or unsuccessful.
If your application has been successful, the email will detail your assessment date and venue. A document containing full dates and venues can be downloaded at the bottom of this page.
4. As part of this invite, we require a little more information and a form will be contained within the email. We require all players and parents to sign up to and adhere to the England Golf code of conduct at this stage.
5. Have fun, work hard and engage with the staff and players at your assessment day.
6. Following the selection days;
a. You will receive an email to confirm if you have been unsuccessful in gaining a place on the regional squad. At this point you can request personal feedback to help you understand how you can look to progress over the coming months.
b. Alternatively, you will receive an email inviting you to join your relevant regional squad. Within the email will be a draft copy of the England Golf regional squad player agreement for both players and parents/guardians to review. We will provide a hard copy for you and your parents/guardians to sign at one of the first training sessions and DiSE players will be enrolled onto the programme with Loughborough College.
7. Embrace all the opportunities that are provided to you as part of the England Golf Regional Squad and, above all else, enjoy your golf!
Our website is undergoing a complete redesign and during this time we are unable to update the page content. Please bear with us at this time, all information will be updated in due course. If you have any queries contact Hannah via email@example.com